Samir Girguis

Individual, Couple, and Family Therapist

Please contact us today or complete our "Request Your First Counselling Session" form to schedule your first counselling session with Evelyn de Mos.

We all want to be happy, enjoy life, feel good, and have successful career and healthy relationships.  Unfortunately, we sometimes experience trauma or severe life stressors. When this happens; it is not uncommon for our lives to unravel; happiness and enjoyment are then replaced by sadness, emotional pain, frustration and loneliness. We feel hurt and want relief.

I have passion for counselling and can offer a professional approach to stress management, depression, anxiety, family, and couple relation issues using different modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), emotionally focus therapy (EFT) and other therapeutic approaches to help you live a happier, more meaningful and goal oriented  life. I can communicate in both Arabic and English languages.

My educational background includes a Master degree in clinical track counselling (MDiv.) from Tyndale university college & seminary, I’m a registered psychotherapist (RP) . I’m also a certified Emotionally Focused Therapist ( EFT therapist) and a clinical fellow with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) as well as (OAMFT)

CFCS Therapist Samir Girguis

Samir joined the CFCS counselling team in 2014 as an Individual, Couple, and Family Therapist. He is a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO); a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (RMFT) with the Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT); and a  Certified Emotionally focused Therapist (EFT) The International Centre For Excellence In Emotionally Focused Therapy( ICEEFT)  and a Facilitator of the Prepare-Enrich relationship assessment tool for pre-marital and marital counselling.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about CFCS Therapists:

A psychotherapist (also commonly referred to as a “therapist” or a “counsellor”) helps with emotional and mental health problems in individuals, couples, and families through a variety of therapeutic approaches.  In 2007, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) defined psychotherapists in Ontario as “regulated health professionals,” which means that all psychotherapists in Ontario need to be licensed members of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and to utilize the formal title of “Registered Psychotherapist (RP).”

A Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) holistically believes that your relationships with others (for example, with your family members) represent an essential aspect of your life and personal well-being and that your counselling process is more effective if he or she fully considers all of your relationships within her or her treatment plan for you.  A Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is a Pre-Clinical Fellow within the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT).

A psychotherapist (also commonly referred to as a “therapist” or a “counsellor”) helps with emotional and mental health problems in individuals, couples, and families through numerous therapeutic modalities.  A psychologist may work in a variety of possible roles, from teaching psychology courses in universities and engaging in academic research to counselling clients and administering advanced psychological assessments.  A psychiatrist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment (mainly through psychotropic medication) of mental or psychiatric disorders.  A social worker helps people to resolve issues of everyday life (including through counselling services) and to access government and community resources.

No, your therapist is not a medical doctor and cannot prescribe medication.  To obtain a prescription for medication, please speak with your family doctor or request a referral for an appointment with a psychiatrist.