Evelyn de Mos

Individual and Family Therapist

Please contact us today or complete our "Request Your First Counselling Session" form to schedule your first counselling session with Evelyn de Mos.

Sometimes, life and relationships can be difficult, full of challenges, and perhaps not what you had hoped for. Sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of a storm and you long for some relief. Sometimes, it’s just helpful for you to talk with someone who will understand.

As a therapist, I offer a safe, encouraging, and caring place for us to talk about and work through your struggles. I consider it a privilege to journey with you as we face your problems together.

I work with a diverse population of clients seeking assistance for abuse/trauma, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, relationship and family issues, and more. My passion is helping clients who have experienced abuse, violence, and trauma. I also have sound experience treating adolescents and their families. I take great pleasure in working with all of my clients as they achieve healing and growth.

CFCS Therapist Evelyn de Mos

Evelyn joined the CFCS counselling team in 2013 as an Individual and Family Therapist.  She is a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (RMFT) with the Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT).  Evelyn’s previous professional experience is in Child and Youth Care, offering counselling and other support services to children and youth — especially youth with learning disabilities — and their families.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about CFCS Therapists:

A psychotherapist (also commonly referred to as a “therapist” or a “counsellor”) helps with emotional and mental health problems in individuals, couples, and families through a variety of therapeutic approaches.  In 2007, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) defined psychotherapists in Ontario as “regulated health professionals,” which means that all psychotherapists in Ontario need to be licensed members of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and to utilize the formal title of “Registered Psychotherapist (RP).”

A Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) holistically believes that your relationships with others (for example, with your family members) represent an essential aspect of your life and personal well-being and that your counselling process is more effective if he or she fully considers all of your relationships within her or her treatment plan for you.  A Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is a Pre-Clinical Fellow within the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT).

A psychotherapist (also commonly referred to as a “therapist” or a “counsellor”) helps with emotional and mental health problems in individuals, couples, and families through numerous therapeutic modalities.  A psychologist may work in a variety of possible roles, from teaching psychology courses in universities and engaging in academic research to counselling clients and administering advanced psychological assessments.  A psychiatrist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment (mainly through psychotropic medication) of mental or psychiatric disorders.  A social worker helps people to resolve issues of everyday life (including through counselling services) and to access government and community resources.

No, your therapist is not a medical doctor and cannot prescribe medication.  To obtain a prescription for medication, please speak with your family doctor or request a referral for an appointment with a psychiatrist.